Sunday, July 5, 2015

Introduction

By way of introduction, I'm one of many millions of Mormons who live in on this planet, although I happen to spend most of my time in the heart of Mormondom near Salt Lake City, Utah. I've never had a calling in the Church most outsiders would think remarkable: not a Bishop or anything like that. But what I do have, that for me is important, is a passion for the Book of Mormon.

Late last year, one of my local leaders, recounted a story how he once read the Book of Mormon by getting one and reading it, but in this instance he did so with a highlighter and simply marked passages of scripture which struck him as significant or insightful and uplifting. At the time, I was in the midst of my own personal struggle, but something touched me (the Holy Ghost) and I felt a need to do the same thing. I'm now more than six months into this project, pretty much for every day since then, I've read the book, marker and pens in hand, and have thoroughly marked up my large-print quad with hi-lights, comments and cross references to other scriptures. It has been and continues to be one of my most amazing ongoing spiritual experiences of my life!

Recently, I got the idea to share my experiences through a blog. So, here it is: My Adventure through the Book of Mormon. I'm well into the Book of Helaman by now, so I'm going to pick up the narrative at that point in this blog. As I have time, I'll go back and write about the many special places I've found along the way. So, let's see what happens. You're welcome to come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment