Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Jems of Ether 12

I hadn’t thought to write more. But as I read and pondered Ether 12 again this morning, I felt another entry would be appropriate.



Ether 12 is filled with many precious gems of truth, not the least is Moroni’s thought provoking account of a personal appearance of the Savior. Even now, after reading it many times, I still marvel at the expression “… and that He told me in plain humility even as a man telleth another…”. Imagine the Savior appearing and speaking in plain humility to you.

It is also a great dissertation on faith and how it works and why it is so important for us to live by faith. There is a weighty warning and a promise in the statement “…dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.” If you ever wonder, “why hasn’t God heard my prayer?” keep this in mind. In reality, He has heard your prayer, it’s just that in His wisdom, which I strive not to second guess, He’s chosen the response He has. It’s still worth it to stay faithful… to stay in the game.

Lastly, I feel to comment on a passage in verse 37, “…if they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful…. Because thou has seen thy weakness, thou shalt be made strong….” What a great promise to those who acknowledge their dependance upon God and remain faithful through the adversities of this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment