Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Antidote for the Perfect Storm


Several years ago, I actively wrote in this blog. I used it to grapple with the fallout of a massive crisis of faith which engulfed my life. That period of time is now passed and I haven’t touched this blog for years.

My faith is fine. But I am, dismayed, angry and dumbfounded at the events which are unfolding across our country. We are living through a perfect storm of political unrest:
• An unprecedented illness has engulfed the world. 
• Civil unrest wracks our country more than anytime since the Civil War. 
• I watch journalistic malpractice, in the name of political agendas no less, so damnable Joseph Goebbels would be proud. 
• We have a president who is so hated by state and local leaders, they feel justified in trampling on the rule of law to score political points against him. 
• Political correctness and accusations of "racism" are now bludgeons used to silence different points of view.

I often ask myself, "What are we to do in the face of all this?" For I see it consuming, even destroying, the social fabric of my country.

To the depths of my soul, I believe the Book of Mormon can help us through this period of unrest as it helped me through my faith crisis. So, here I am, writing in my blog, again. My hope is that my efforts to come to terms with what's happening will help you in some ways do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment