Monday, February 8, 2021

Overcoming Bad Habits

 This is a new insight for me. I wish I could remember how I got into it, but I was reading Jacob 5, particularly where the Lord was clearing out the bad fruit to make room for the good fruit (v65). As I read that, I had the “ahah” moment that there is a personal application to this passage too. Namely, that the way to repent when you are changing behaviors or overcoming bad habits, is to replace them with something better.




For example: I love chips and snacks. I have a belly to prove it. My new weight-loss plan is to snack on celery rather than chips. I still get to munch, but rather than munch on high calorie, fat saturated tortilla chips, I’ll munch on a green food. I’ll get the satisfaction of chewing without the caloric impact. There are so many ways to apply this rule, I can’t think of them all. It’s good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment